Sunday, 23 July 2017

+SHOW 'N TELL+ THUNDERBIRDS 50TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

Hey guys, I'm on a roll here - two posts in as many days!

May need to go and have a lie down after this :D

Just a quickie for today.  I have been showing the WIP's for this over on my Facebook page, but realised that I never uploaded the finished piece (although you can view it over on my DeviantArt page HERE.

One of my favourite programmes growing up was "Thunderbirds" and it's hard to believe that it recently celebrated it's 50th anniversary! (BTW, I'm not quite as old as that)!

In honour of this, I designed my own cross-stitch sampler based on the 50th Anniversary logo that was recently seen on social media and such, and here it is:



I had a lot of fun with this one.

I've stitched it on 28-hpi evenweave using DMC threads.

My love for all things Thunderbirds has been given a bit of a revival thanks to the remake - "Thunderbirds" Are Go.  I have charted a number of other Thunderbirds related patterns, but due to my current financial situation, it may be a while before they all get stitched, and I have no plans (at the moment) to release the charts.

So that's me done blogging for now!

I'm going back to my frame now to continue working on another anniversary sampler, which, I would like to finish before the end of this year!  Keep an eye on my Facebook page - there will be updates :)

Till  next time ... keep Kalm and cross stitch! :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment