Howdo again!
Well it's that time of year … its cold, wet, dark and
everyone is feeling thoroughly miserable after the excess of Christmas.
I've never liked this time of year and dark days and long
nights are not a crafters best friend.
That said, I always use January as a time to have a bit of an early
'spring-clean' by going through my work bag and pulling out those neglected,
half-finished projects we forgot we started.
Lets face it, as crafters, we're all guilty of it. How many of us can honestly say that they
finish projects before starting new ones?
It's not so bad if you only do one craft, but as you guys
know, I not only cross stitch, but I crochet and knit too! That can add up to a lot of projects!!!
I keep a log-book of all the new projects I start. I know that might sound a bit OCD, but its
helps me keep track of what I'm working on.
At the start of the new year, I then transfer all the projects that I
haven't finished to a new list, which I'll then try and work through in January.
Bit of a chore, I know.
I'll confess, I don't generally tend to get through the
entire list. Out of last year's list, I only finished one project (the Sloe Fairy cross-stitch kit).
This year, I'll go for two - hahahaha!
Actually, I've just finished "Mr Snuffles":
All joking aside, it would be nice to finish some of my
outstanding crochet projects - I have two from 2013 which are more or less at
the sewing up stage, and two others started in 2015 that I know I could get
finished if I put my mind to it!
Evenings are generally the best time to crochet, and as I'm
a bit of a night owl, I can quite happily hook away until one or two in the
morning.
So watch this space, I'll try and post updates!
Don't forget, I'm on Instagram now, so you can follow me, if
you're not already! I usually post all my WIPs and finished stuff
on there. Don't forget, I'm on DeviantArt
too, and I've just updated my gallery, so
check it out!
Links to all my Social Media sites can be found via the
"Contact Me" tab!
So that's all for now.
Till next time … keep Kalm and cross-stitch!
No comments:
Post a Comment