Hey guys!
Wow, another month comes to a close … where the hell did it
go?
So how has 2019 started for you?
For me, it hasn't been as productive as I would like. Cold dark days and the lurgy Gods have zapped
my motivation and things I wanted to do, have not been done. That said, it hasn’t been completely
un-productive.
Lets start with UPF January…
At the start of the month, I updated my list of outstanding
projects, of which I had:
Cross Stitch - 10
Crochet - 11
Knitting - 5
Starting with the knitting, I finished 1 project:
I made a pair of fingerless mitts from a pattern that a
friend gave me. This was really easy to
do, although, they took me a few months to make as I'm not a great knitter, and
have to concentrate super hard to make sure I don't drop a stitch.
I also finished knitting the
pieces for my Brownie doll (WIP's can be viewed via my Instagram page). This probably won't get finished any time
soon, as I hate sewing up knitted pieces!
In fact, most of my outstanding knitted pieces are at the sewing up
stage! @______@
I didn't manage to get any more
crochet projects finished. Again, some
are at the sewing up stage.
I really need to set a day aside
to finish these off.
Finally, I made a 'small-ish'
dent in the cross-stitch projects. I
managed to finish two projects that had been in my basket for the best part of
13 years! Again, there are WIP's on my
Instagram, but here are the finished items:
BTW, I didn't get to do any work
on that "Gettysberg" design!
I'm going to try chipping away at
my UFP's during the course of the year as it would be great to get rid of the
bags of un-finished projects cluttering my spare room.
Ideally, I need to focus on
finishing some of my own designs as I am still keen to get my store up and
running.
... and speaking of my store ...
I've been doing a lot of
internet research over the past month.
Etsy appear to have made lots of changes to their site over the last
year, which doesn't appear to have gone down too well with people, and I have
to say, it's put me off using them.
I can't help feeling that they may have become a victim of their own success.
I am considering alternatives,
and two that keep getting mentioned are Zibbet and ArtFire. I'm leaning towards the former, which has no
listing or transactions fees and their free package allows you to list up to 10
items which I think might be a good way for me to test the waters.
The other option (for now), is to
sell to you guys direct via my blog. I
was thinking of having a "Shop" page on here listing all the patterns
for sale. If you see one you like, you
send payment via PayPal and I email you the pattern … simples!
So let me know what you think.
I have lots of other ideas and stuff
that I want to consider over the next few months, but for now my head feels
like it wants to explode, so we'll leave it there!
Till next time … keep Kalm and
cross-stitch! x
No comments:
Post a Comment