Monday, 18 February 2019

BLOGGY UPDATES


Hi guys, hope you all had a great weekend!

Those of you who follow me on Facebook and Instagram, will know that I've been busy stitching over the past few weeks as I try to get the next crop of designs stitched.  Some of it has been slow going as I've been tweaking the patterns as I've been going along, but hopefully, my latest design "Kung Fu Fighting", will be finished soon.

I decided to have a break from the stitching over the weekend to concentrate on charting some new designs.

Looking back through my Instagram posts, I started charting the grids for the Pokemon Gen I "Fire starters" back in July last year and then for some reason, I didn't get round to finishing them.   Not that I want to make excuses, but my life is very hectic at the moment and getting things done is a real struggle for me. 

Anyway, I set myself a goal last week to get some charting done, and that's exactly what I've been doing all weekend.  I have to say that it's been very productive too as I've managed to finish the charts for Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle and Wartortle.  I would have like to have done Blastoise too, but Sunday night is Call the Midwife night, and I like to chill out and watch that with no distractions.

I'll try and finish it during the week.

Here's Charmeleon in various stages of charting:





After I've finished charting Blastoise, I was thinking about turning my attention to the legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.  I know I had previously charted Articuno, but I'm completely re-charting it with new colours and fills!

That said, I may also chart one of the Pokemon suggested by you guys:

  • Abra
  • Slowpoke
  • Jigglypuff
  • Ditto
  • Cubone


Which one should I chart first?

Of course, having lot of new patterns to stitch up is great, but having enough fabric/thread in my stash to stitch them all up is another matter entirely!!!

*PHEW*

Till  next time … keep Kalm and cross-stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment