Greetings guys! Well hasn't it been a while since my last post! I can only apologise, I didn't realise it had been that long. As always, life gets in the way and as a result, the blog has suffered :(
That doesn't mean that I haven't been crafting because I have. I'm still trying to work through that mountain of UFP's as well as other stitching projects, but mainly I have been crocheting lately. I have been working on a project which is a present for someone very special, but I can say too much about at the moment. Once the gift has been given, I should be able to tell you all about it though :)
Given that I design my own cross-stitch patterns, I don't tend to buy cross-stitch magazines anymore (I usually just read my mum's), but I do buy a lot of crochet magazines. One of my favourite is a magazine called "Lets Get Crafting - Knitting and Crochet". It comes out roughly once a month in the UK and come with 6 free 25g balls of yarn, a pair of knitting needles and a crochet hook (sizes vary from month to month).
There's usually at least one project every month that catches my eye, but recently, there's been quite a few!!
For Easter, I made these "springtime pals":
| "Fluff" the bunny and "Hop" the frog" |
The pattern is from issue 59 (HERE is the link on Ravelry - no pattern though).
I'm also working on "Billy the Lion" from issue 58:
Billy isn't finished yet, but all his component bits have been done so I just need to make him up.
As well as doing those, I decided it was time I learnt to knit. Unlike crochet, it doesn't come easy to me and I find it a little less forgiving than crochet, especially when you drop stitches! Another thing I learnt is that you should never put your knitting down in the middle of a row!!!
Anyway, I've been persevering and, with a little help from some knitting buddies, here's what I have accomplished so far:
Garter Stitch (knit every row):
| See the extra wiggles at the bottom -- this is where some how my knitting got turned round mid-row!!! |
Stocking Stitch (alternate rows of knit and purl):
Next I want to learn rib stitch (alternate knit 1, purl 1 on a row) before moving onto increases, decreases and the colour work! *PHEW* wish me luck!
So that's almost it for this post except to say that all being well, I should have some new patterns to share soon. I haven't been in the mood for charting over the last few months, but I recently discovered some reference images on my computer I thought I had lost and it kind of spurred me into it again. I have a few charts that I worked up over the weekend, and once I've sorted out the pattern info and made up the PDF's, they should be good to go!
Hopefully, I can post these before the weekend.
So that's definitely all for now. Thanks again for your continued support, and until next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! :) xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment