Well I've been away longer than planned, and I can only apologise!
Anyway, you remember last time when I mentioned a project I had been working on that I couldn't discuss until it had been given as a present? Well, the gift has been given, and well received, so I can now reveal all!!!
I made this gorgeous little comforter blanket for my 16-month-old nephew, Theo. At the time he was born, my brother's girlfriend was dropping hints that I should make a blanket for him. I trawled through my patterns and even looked on the internet, but didn't see any I liked.
It was only recently that I came across the pattern for this comforter on the internet and I thought it would be something novel for my nephew. I had planned to make it in time for his christening/birthday, but both those dates came and went, but the blanket was not complete. I also missed Easter, but I managed to give it to him last month :)
It now sits on my nephew's cot, and my brother says he likes it very much :)
The pattern was downloaded from HERE. The website itself has some gorgeous comforters (I have downloaded quite a few patterns), as well as other baby related items and appliques.
I have been making some progress with the knitting too. I can now knit, purl, rib and do decreases! I have even made my very first project:
Those of you who live in the UK will probably know all about Innocent Smoothies annual "Big Knit" campaign for Age UK. I downloaded quite a few patterns after last year's campaign and as the patterns are fairly straight forward to work, thought that they would make a great first project!
There are a selection of patterns that can be downloaded via Age UK's website, HERE.
I've also started making a stripy hat, but it isn't finished yet!!!
And finally ...
Last time, I promised you guys new patterns. After quite a slump in the pattern charting, I actually managed to work up some new patterns last month. I still have to make a few tweaks and convert them to PDF but all being well, I should be able to get them uploaded soon.
So that's all for now!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) xx
No comments:
Post a Comment