I feel I must apologise for my previous post which was a bit rambley. I appear to have had an attack of the verbals, which I hope didn't detract from the stitching :/
Anyway, enough of that.
As you can see from the title of this blog, I have decided to have another go at getting rid of all those outstanding stitchy projects that have been languishing in my sewing box for eons! It's been a project that's been very stop/start for several years and long-term followers may recall this post from February 2011:
http://gatchastitch.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/ufp-update-february-2011.html
I didn't realise it had been that long!
I put all the smaller outstanding UFP's into one of my sewing bags and made a list of what was outstanding and how long it has been outstanding. My aim is to try and pick one project a month -- so far I am falling down on that!
Anyway, I took the project featured in the 2011 post as my starting point, because all that was left was the back stitching, and I managed to complete it in a few evenings!!!
And here it is...
Have to say that I am not 100% happy with the finished article. I suspect that may be because I have worked this on aida when the pattern suggested evenweave. Back then I had not used evenweave yet and was not comfortable with it. If I decided to do it again (unlikely), I would use evenweave and it would look so much better!
So that's one project ticked off the list ... only another nine to go :D
Well that's me done blogging for today!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx

Even on Aida, it's still really pretty! I haven't seen it before, but really like all of the white backstitching. It adds a lot of detail without making the image look overwhelmed. Good luck on your other unfinished projects, too!
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute. I love the detail you get from the back stitching. What's teh name of the pattern?
ReplyDeleteThe pattern I used was from a cross-stitch magazine, but I think it was taken from a kit called Bird Sampler by Anchor: http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Birds-Sampler-Cross-Stitch-Kit__ANC-PSC52.aspx
DeleteVery cute finish.
ReplyDelete