Saturday, 28 December 2013

Redundant Santa and Left Over Turkey!

Greetings one and all!

Well, Christmas has come and gone in the blink of an eye.  I hope those of you who celebrate it had a wonderful time.  For me, whilst I enjoy the chance to relax and spend time with my family, this year has not been so enjoyable (which is a shame).


I have to admit that I am looking forward now to the New Year and getting back to normal.  

This also means that I will be able to start charting new patterns and go back to stitching all the projects I had to abandon whilst I'd been doing Christmas projects.  I had quite a lot of projects planned for Christmas, but in the end, I had to abandon quite a few due to time restraints.

Good news, I finished all my Christmas cards!

The only project left to complete is a festive Newton's Law design that I hope to finish before the 6th January.  I don't normally continue festive projects after then, but if he's almost done, then I may make an exception!

Here are some festive crochet projects that I did manage to complete:


Now that Santa has delivered all the presents to the children of the world, he is feeling a little redundant.  However, before he starts thinking about recruiting a new batch of elves to help him organise next Christmas, he might have a nice long holiday with Mrs Claus on a tropical island!

The pattern for this Santa came from issue 55 of Lets Get Crafting - Knitting and Crochet (you can view the project HERE on Ravelry).



Terry the turkey was feeling very relieved to get a reprieve at Thanksgiving!  He was very excited to get into the Christmas spirit (hence his hat), and was even more excited when Mrs Claus invited him for Christmas dinner!  Terry was a little nervous that he might get served up as the main course, but thankfully, they were having goose!!!

The pattern for this turkey came from HERE.  He was initially a Thanksgiving turkey, but as we don't celebrate that in the UK, I turned him into a Christmas turkey and made him a little Santa hat.

With only a few days of 2013 left, I hope to have a few patterns to upload.

Until then, enjoy your weekend and ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment