Friday, 13 December 2013

CROCHET CREATIONS No2 -- Oddish!

Hey there guys!

Wow, can you believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away?  Seems only five minutes since we were celebrating last year!

Slightly later than planned, here is the next of my crochet creations:



It's Oddish from Pokemon!

This one was a lot of fun to do, and he was easy too, given that he's just round with no complex shaping!  He'd be a good project for a beginner.  The leaves were the hardest part, and I must have done about three or four separate designs before I settled on the one above.

I'm hoping to invest in some crochet symbol charting software in the New Year so when I do release the pattern, there will be both written and symbol charts for the leaves (which I think will be useful).  I certainly find symbols charts a god-send, especially when working on patterns with US terminology :)

I have two more Pokemon that are in the work in progress stage (actually, one has been made, but I just need to sew all the bits together), and I have also written another pattern which I haven't started yet!

I plan to try and finish these in the New Year as at the moment, I am still trying to finish festive projects. As well as making Christmas cards (which need to be finished soon so I don't miss the last posting date), I have been making a variety of decorations and stuff in crochet such as Christmas trees and snowflakes, as well as a Santa, a festive turkey, an elf and poinsettia!!!

Yep, as always, I bite off more than I can chew ... just as well I have some time off work next week!

*PHEW*

So that's me done blogging for today.  Hopefully, I shall have some more stuff to share before Christmas, although at the current time, I cannot confirm that there will be any new patterns *boo*

Anyway, till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment