Tuesday, 17 July 2012

A Plethora of SCI-FI Patterns

OMG, I just realised that it's been over a week since my last blog entry!!!  I have an excuse in that I have been working for two weeks solid, and I'd forgotten just how tiring a full day can be.  It's really curtailed my creativity of late.

To make up for it, I have some new patterns:

"Thumbs Up!" (Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy)

"Global Defence Logo" (Command & Conquer)

"Horde Logo" (World of Warcraft)

I know the last one is more of a re-post, but I lost the original pattern and had to remake it!


One of my favourite SCI-FI shows is Stargate SG-1, so I've done a chart for that too:


Recently, on deviantART, I have been chatting to a friend about Stargate and it's spin-off's after she had done a cross-stitch of the Earth "Point of Origin" Glyph. The pattern came from a knitting blog HERE. It's a pretty cool blog, especially for all the Stargate patterns and it would be so easy to take the patterns, convert them to cross-stitch and call them my own.

However, I don't approve of people "stealing" other people's ideas so I'm going to make my own, with good old fashioned graph paper, using reference images I found HERE and HERE. Depending on how they turn out, I may do blackwork versions too.

So that's all for today, cause I have things to be doing that I keep putting off!!!

Till next time ... keep Kalm and Cross Stitch!!!

Opps, I nearly forgot ...the new patterns have been uploaded to BOX.net via the "Logos" tab!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for plethoras of sci-fi patterns! I love the Stargate one and if you make more I will stitch them. Thanks for the links to the other sites as well. I think I must stitch the point of origin one as well as the Hitchhiker's Guide pattern as soon as I finish my current piece. Fantastic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hitchhiker's Guide pattern is so cool! I have tons of fabric, so now I just need to see if I have any appropriate floss for it. Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete