Well it's the start of a new working week and what better way to start it by taxing your brains!!!
Today I'm asking - when is "too soon" to start working on Christmas projects, and what sort of things do you like to do (ie; cards, ornaments etc..)
I'm sure a few of you are going "WTF??? It's only July!!!" and I'd have to agree with you, but recently I was in my local wool shop stocking up on red silks and the woman in the store was telling me that some customers have already started Christmas projects ... and that got me thinking...
I personally don't usually start until late September/October - last year I left it till November because I was making Halloween projects. Last year's projects for me were greetings cards and festive biscornus, this year...well...it's too early for that :D
So going back to the above question, when is too soon, and when do you start yours?
I look forward to hearing your stories!!!
Till next time, keep Kalm and Cross Stitch :) xxx
This year I had signed up with Kell of Kincavel Krosses to do a Xmas Xstitching Challenge, finish 12 projects in time for Xmas. She seems to have abandoned it, but I'm still working on projects. So I started Xmas stitching this year in January! Normally it would be around September, like you mentioned. So far I've completed 6/12 I think it is for the Xmas challenge.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with those...hope you manage to do all 12 :) xx
DeleteLast year I waited until October to really start, but my gifts were so time-demanding that I ended up actually injuring myself. I didn't sit properly while crafting.
ReplyDeleteThis year I'm starting as soon as my kids are going to be in school (late August). The key to 'when to start' for me is 1) how many gifts am I making (since all my gifts are homemade now) and 2) how technical/time consuming are they? Since I do both cross stitch and beaded stuff I have to think about this topic.
Good luck with your gifts!
I dunno...I think as sonn I have the idea, I put it into the rotation, so that it's finished for the holiday
ReplyDeletebecause I tend to put things off, and have to do the regular every-day stuff also--I start early when I can. last couple of years I haven't done a lot, but I'm trying not to leave things so long, especially if there's many gifts/projects to do. ><
ReplyDeleteWhen is too soon for Christmas stitching? Dec. 26th would probably be too soon for me, I usually wait until it starts turning fall-ish outside. Maybe if I stitched something wintery in the middle of a July heatwave it would help things feel better, hahah.
ReplyDelete