Greetings Guys!!!
Well the Jubilee celebrations are now officially over, and what an odd weekend I've had!
After the highs of the Olympic torch relay and Jubilee celebrations, it's fair to say that I'm feeling a little low. To top it off, the weather is cold and crappy, and I think I may be starting with a cold (although I suspect excess alcohol may be the real reason I don't feel so good).
Anyway, I wanted to share a few hi-lights from my weekend with you.
First, I complete my Jubilee stitching *HUZZAH* I uploaded it to deviantART yesterday (for those who haven't seen it yet). I was actually surprised to get this finished in time as I'd had a bit of a mis-count on Saturday night and had to unpick. I should add that at the time, it had gone midnight and I was watching Alien -- not a good combination!!!
Here's how it turned out:
![]() |
| ...and not a pesky Xenomorph in sight ... LOL!!! |
I also managed to complete the crochet bunting I was making for our party on Monday. This also meant a another late evening in front of the TV watching more sci-fi...this time, District 9. Whilst Alien (given it's age), is a cracking film, the same could not be said for District 9 which has to be one of the most bizarre sci-fi films I've ever seen (and that's saying something)!
Anyway, back to the crochet ... the awkward part of the bunting was going to be attaching the flags to a cord/chain etc... Other bunting I'd seen on the internet had the flags attached with various crochet stitches, but that would mean you have to count all the stitches in the flags and additional chains to get the right length...I couldn't be bothered to do that!
In the end I decided that I would sew the flags to a chain cord and sew each flag as the chain was being worked. For my chain, I used all three colours I'd used for my flags and a K hook. I knew what gaps I wanted between each flag so it was easiest to make it up this way:
Trashy movie aside, I managed to get the bunting finished before bed!!!
Here I am showing it off at our party:
| Check out my face paint!!! |
Lately, I've had a bit of a bug for baking. At Easter, regular readers will recall that I made a cake (which was mostly well received by my family)! Last week I made a Victoria Sponge cake for our final Stitch n' Chat meeting before September. The cake was a success and the ladies had nothing but high praise!!! ^_________^
For the Jubilee, I decided to make another Victoria Sponge and some chocolate butterfly buns too:
| It's Pimms O' Clock!!! |
The cakes went down really well (as well as the Pimms). My sister even said that my cake was better than the cake being served in Costa Coffee (my favourite coffee shop), so thanks sis ^______________^ xx
So with that out of the way, it back to my stitching. I've been working on getting Castform et al... charted for the Pokemon Blackwork Series. His water form has been driving me nuts to get the fills right, but I think I've cracked it!!!
And whilst we're on the subject of blackwork, I've uploaded a new sheet of fills to BOX.net and you can download them from HERE.
Well I think I waffled on long enough, it's getting late and I want to finish charting Castform before I go to bed.
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xx

No comments:
Post a Comment