Hello there guys!
Well, I'm so tardy at posting of late :( I realised that I haven't been updating the blog as frequently as I would have liked, but life has been quite hectic recently. Recently, I have been doing some part-time work *YAY* I have a friend who works for a local Law firm and a few months ago they had emailed staff to ask if anyone knew of anyone who could come in and work on reception (answering phones, greeting clients) to cover staff holiday and sickness. My friend asked me if I was interested, and keen to get back to work I said yes.
I've been doing odd days here and there since the middle of April, and it's been really enjoyable. Not only that, but it's been a wonderful help in overcoming my illness. However, the days are long (8.45am to 5.30pm) so when I do get home I am tired and don't want to stitch.
The last month has been particularly busy, what with back to work courses, extended Bank Holiday weekends and lots of part-time work! This week should be quieter (famous last words), so I'm going to try and make the most of it by stitching, crocheting, charting etc... as much as I can!!!
First, lets have an update on the In Stitches:
Tifa is coming along quite nicely, since I took the piccie above, I've done her legs, so now she can walk about...LOL!!! I'd like to try and get this finished before the end of the week (if possible). Hopefully when this is done I can finish Yuffie too :)
Next, is the Pokemon Blackwork:
I charted Furret a while ago, but only started stitching him recently. I've made a few thread changes as I've been going along, and I like how it's looking. Unfortunately, the above piccie doesn't do it justice as I took it with my phone. The battery in my camera died during the Jubilee weekend and I haven't got round to re-charging it yet (shameful, I know).
Next up will be Psyduck and then I plan to stitch Castform. I have finished charting the 'normal', 'rain' and 'snow' versions, but finding the right fills/colours for his 'sunny' form have defeated me at the present time so I'm having a break whilst I work on other designs.
Finally, the astute amongst you will have noticed the lack of updates regarding my Gettysberg project. Again this is down to all the crazy stuff going on in my life at the moment. I've got another large project that I'm working on for Mike's aunty which I should finish first ... but more on that another time methinks!!!
So that's all for now until whenever the next update will be!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! :) xx


No comments:
Post a Comment