Today marks the first anniversary of my dad's passing,
It's hard to believe that it's been a year already and it's still proving hard to come to terms with. Never a day goes by that I'm not thinking about my dad and wishing he was here so that I could ask him worldly advice on matters that trouble me.
When I'm feeling low, I'll look at his picture and when the weather is nice, I will walk up to the cemetery and sit and chat with him for a bit.
Today, my family are having a get together to mark the Jubilee and also to mark this unwanted anniversary. I'm sure a few glasses of Pimms and Sailor Jerry rum will be raised to my dad who will no doubt be enjoying a few of his own in the great pub in the sky!
"Cheers, dad!"
I love you and miss you lots! xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment