Tuesday, 10 April 2012

More Easter Goodies...

As promised yesterday, here are some more Easter treats!


I'm not much of a home cook, but recently I've been wanting to take up baking, so over the weekend I made a cake:


... and some chocolate Easter nests:

They were well received and I have the bug to do more!  


Every Easter my mum makes me a card -- here is this year's offering:


The design is one of four that was in a recent edition of Cross Stitch Collection.  I've been trying to get my mum to have a go at blackwork for sometime and so I was pleasantly surprised to get this.  She says that she enjoyed doing it, so hopefully I can persuade her to have a go at some of my designs!!!

Now that things are back to normal, I shall crack on with the stitching.  I'm having a break from the crochet for a while as making all those chicks has injured my shoulder and I need to give it time to recover!  

Also, I have a new blackwork project that I've recently started charted and I will be providing WIP's for this when I start stitching it.  It's more advanced than what I usually do, and I'm a little apprehensive, but as my dad always used to say to me, "you never know until you try!"

If it works out, it could  become a bit of a feature!

... and finally, I've been having a clear out in my inbox recently, and came across a few emails I received from people (last year), about designs of mine they'd stitched so tomorrow I thought I'd have a bit of a "feature" to showcase them!

Till then ... Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch!!! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy baking! It looked like the easter cake my MIL made. I couldnt eat it tho because I can't eat anything with flour anymore!! Kinda of depressing!! LOL!!

    Pretty card too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this isn't exactly on topic, but I've wondered how you design your blackwork pokemon. I am working on my own but mine are a little more cross stitch heavy. Just wondered if I missed your 'here is how I design' post or if one could possibly be made in the future. ^_^

    (long time reader, fan of your work!)

    ReplyDelete