Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Gettysberg Project -- March 2012

This update is a little bit later than planned as it's been a bit manic here of late!

I didn't get anywhere near as much as I would have liked last month due to Easter projects and stuff, but here's what I've managed to do since my last update:




I'm working on the top parts of the design at the moment, which is easier to stitch upside down.  Even though I'm working large areas of one colour it's still quite slow.  The blue of the union flag is a three-strand blend, but to help with the speed, I have a thread organiser and I'll usually have quite a few needles threaded up ready.  Only down side is my size 28 tapestry needles -- because they're so fine, I  keep breaking the eyes on them!!!

Oh well...

Till next time ... Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch!!! xx

1 comment:

  1. It's looking good! 28 needles can be a problem... I guess I'd be breaking them too if I didn't lose them after the first colour change!

    ReplyDelete