Monday, 12 March 2012

March Is ... In Stitches Month (and other useless news)

Hello there guys!

It's been over a week since my last post, and I must apologise.  This is partly due to the fact that last week I wasn't very well and stitching and blogging was something I didn't have the energy for.

In a recent post I mentioned that I was going to give the Pokemon a rest and work on my very much neglected In Stitches designs this month.  I'm working on two characters at the moment:



The first one should be instantly recognisable, but not so the second one ... can anyone guess???

I didn't get much done on these last week due to feeling crappy and I've been working on some small motifs as well.  Ideally, I would like to get these finished (plus a third one), by the end of the Month!  I've still got a few other characters still to chart and the plan is to get these done by the end of April.

In other news, it's only a month to Easter!

This year, I have given up chocolate for Lent.  No mean feat for a chocolate lover like myself, and made even harder when every other advert on TV is for a chocolate product and Masterchef has a pudding round!!!  

Yesterday, I was out with my partners family for a 21st birthday party.  We had a meal at our favourite pub, "The Cheshire Tavern".  They have recently changed their menu (not a bad thing), but the dessert menu has changed drastically, and to my dismay, they no longer sell their scrummy Ginger Nut Sundae :(  With most of the new desserts chocolate based, I went for the ice cream instead (which was probably the safe bet after such a huge feed)!!!

Easter means chocolate eggs, and my sister has been asking me about whether I would like one this year.  Personally, I would prefer the monetary value rather than the chocolate egg, due to the poor state of my finances!  I told her that I wouldn't be buying any (except for my nephew), but I thought that I could make some presents this year.  

I have some cool crochet patterns for eggs and chicks -- and some nice yarn in pastel colours!!  I haven't started on them yet, and I really should as I have quite a lot to make and not a lot of time to do them in!!!

So I think that I have waffled on for far too long!

Enjoy your week, and till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch!!! xx

4 comments:

  1. Yay, in Stitches :D Sadly I have no idea what the second one could be :/ Well I'll wait and see I guess! Good thing you reminded me that Easter is almost here. Especially with Catholic Easter being earlier this year than ours, I should hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's interesting, didn't know there was more than one Easter! We celebrate Easter on the 8th April. I gave up chocolate for Lent this year, not doing too bad but can't wait for Good Friday so I can treat myself :)

      The In Stitches have ground to a halt this last week cause I've been doing stuff for Easter! Hopefully, I'll have a new update soon :D

      Delete