Saturday, 17 March 2012

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

May the luck of the Irish be with you today :)

I have Irish descendants (and my surname is Irish).  Before he died, my dad had been researching his family tree and had gone back as far as a great-grandfather who came from Tipperary in Southern Ireland.  I've never been to the Emerald isle and hopefully one can I can afford to go and perhaps complete what my dad had started.

Anyway, to celebrate, I made this:


I've worked this little shamrock leaf using the same variegated green yarn that I bought just before Christmas.  It's worked with a 4mm (G) hook.  It was a little fiddly, but I managed to finish it in a couple of hours.

I've also sewn a brooch pin on the reverse so that it can be worn on a jacket (or a bag strap).

If you'd like to try this yourself, the pattern is HERE.

Staying on the subject of crochet, I've completed some more squares for my throw (HUZZAH)!!!  I've uploaded the images to my Facebook page, HERE.  

So that's all for today!

Till next time, Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you! The shamrock is darling and I love the squares too!

    ReplyDelete