Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Crochet to Go!

Recently, I treated myself to this book:


Before Christmas, I'd borrowed it from my local library as I thought it was a fabulous book for anyone who loves to design crochet motifs and then make them into afghans etc...  The book is full of motifs in different shapes and caters for crocheters of all skill levels.

I loved the book so much that I renewed it several times, and photocopied a good chunk of the patterns to have a go at.  Anyway, the other week, I had saved up so money so I decided to treat myself.

The book is written in US terminology but patterns are given in written instructions and symbols charts, which are easy to read and useful for me cause I'm more used to UK terminology (and it doesn't take much to confuse me these days!)


To date, I've worked three of the patterns (the one above and below is called "Oro Sol" which is Spanish for golden sun).  Despite the fancy scallop edging, this is rated "beginner".  It wasn't difficult, and it took me about three hours to do.


The next one is called "Polka Dot" and is rated "easy":


Again, it was stitched in a few hours!


Finally, we have "Puddles Gather Rain", also rated "beginner":


The side bits in the book version stick out more than mine do :(

I've stitched this one three times now (the one above is the best one) and I can't get any of them to have square/pointy corners -- I guess once they're fitted into the afghan with other motifs it'll look more square shaped!

The book has gone down quite well with the ladies at our weekly Stitch 'n Chat, they all had a good mooch and some of them were eyeing up the price too!  I bought mine from Amazon, HERE -- can you believe that it's gone down in price since I got it!!!!

Hopefully, I will do some more soon, because these were very quick to do and a lot of fun to make.

Anyway, don't go away -- there's a Pokemon blackwork update coming straight up!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really like the Oro Sol. The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oro Sol is my fave too, I really enjoyed making that one :)

      Delete