Tuesday, 7 February 2012

HELP ... I need some help!!!


Recently, my fiance's aunt has become a great-grandma and has asked me if I would stitch a baby sampler.

Not being a mother myself, or having any friends who are parents, they aren't the things I usually keep patterns for.  I haven't been able to come across any nice patterns and neither has my mum.  My finace's aunt gave me some patterns she had, but they are 50+ years old, and a bit too old fashioned for a 21st century baby!

I'd like to design my own, but again, ideas elude me.

Does anyone have any modern, simple baby samplers they could share, or if not, can anyone recommend any good patterns/kits on the internet???

Thanks in advance, Gatchacaz :-) xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi dear and first congratulation on having a new baby in the family! Baby samplers are not the thing I focus on either, but I really like those baby samplers with characters like Tatty Teddy, Forever Friends, Somebunny and such http://www.past-impressions.co.uk/acatalog/Tiny-Tatty-Buttons-Birth-Sampler-Kit-TTT0002.html because they are just general cuteness. But depending on the baby's parents tastes, I think almost everything cute can turn into a baby sampler. Your In Stitches series has really sweet designs, and some of them I can see as baby samplers (but then again I'm fan of this stuff to begin with) Sometime ago I saw in the internet a baby sampler, a present to a family of gamers with a game character (but I didn't know the game) and text "New achievement unlocked!" and the baby's name, date of birth and some other mesurements. I personally thought it was super awesome! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of a gaming themed birth sampler! It's may partners family more than mine, and I don't really know what they like and dislike as we don't see them that often.

      I know that my partner's aunt has told me that they have cats and that she would like me to feature a cat on the sampler -- I've seen a nice kit online featuring a cat that I think would be purrrfect! LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Does the Pattern Maker software have any patterns to work with??? You can always check the cross stitcher magazine for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never thought about using Pattern Maker -- I shall have to look at that. I've been through all my cross-stitch magazines, and my mum has been through the ones that she buys (that I don't), and I haven't found anything suitable -- it's really surprising, I thought baby samplers would feature more often, but they don't!

      I've seen a nice kit online that I may get -- if I can persuade someone to give me the funds to buy it!

      Delete
  3. If you haven't already begun the sampler, and are planning on doing a gaming themed one, you could always look at stuff from Yoshi's Island with the baby characters. I've always thought they were cute, plus I believe there is a sprite of a stork carrying the babies.

    Just a thought.
    (Faewren)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitten baby by Ellen Maurer-Stroh at patternsonline .com would be really cute as a sampler.

    ReplyDelete