Well, it's been a while since my last post and I must apologise for my tardiness of late.
I have been really busy stitching, but I'm now working on Christmas stuff and as most of it is for family and friends, I can't really show the work in progress in case any of the recipients read this!!! I have quite a lot of projects to do this year and with now only six weeks till the big day, I'm going to be quite busy!!!
Better hope my poorly wrist holds out!
In other news, as we all know, Friday was Armistice Day. In the UK, we have the Poppy Appeal run by the Royal British Legion. It's always a good charity to support, and I have military links in my family -- my grandfather was a cartographer with the RAF during WWII and my brother-in-law is a medic in the RAF, serving at RAF Shawbury in Shropshire.
Better hope my poorly wrist holds out!
In other news, as we all know, Friday was Armistice Day. In the UK, we have the Poppy Appeal run by the Royal British Legion. It's always a good charity to support, and I have military links in my family -- my grandfather was a cartographer with the RAF during WWII and my brother-in-law is a medic in the RAF, serving at RAF Shawbury in Shropshire.
This year, I wanted to design a poppy in blackwork, but I just didn't get round to turning the design into reality. Hopefully, I can get something done for next year. However, while I was surfing the internet for ideas, I came across two blogs with crochet poppy designs!
The first one I found HERE, uses US crochet terms and gives a more realistic looking flower, but doesn't provide any foliage. The second one I found HERE, is worked using UK crochet terminology and is very reminiscent of the paper poppies we wear here in the UK.
I plan to give both patterns a go (eventually), and I'll post piccies on here (if they turn out okay).
And last but not least, I've finally finished my LINKS page. The astute among you will no doubt notice that I have added to new sites to the "supplies" sub-section. The two sites ("Crafty Crocodiles" and "Gregory Knopp"), are both UK based, but are sites I've just ordered from recently for crafty supplies for my festive stitching. If you like using embellishments in your stitching, please be sure to check them out!
So that's me done for today, I'll try not to be away so long next time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment