Tuesday, 15 November 2011

More Crochet Stuff

As well as working on Christmas stuffs at the moment, I've also been finding time to crochet too!

Here's what I've been up to:

My Little Blankie!

I'm still very rough around the edges with my crochet and because it hurts my left wrist and elbow, I can only do it for short bursts!  This was an experiment to practice working treble crochet which is the staple stitch of granny squares.

I started working my foundation chain and row in brown yarn before I realised I needed this for something else so I moved onto green yarn.  I've worked two rows in each colour before swopping to the pink yarn which is worked in double and treble crochet!

The edges were a little ragged and I kept dropping stitches so instead of maintaining 60 stitches per row, by the end I was down to about 40-ish *eek*  I resolved this by pinning out the work on an ironing board and steaming with a hot iron to stretch and shape the fabric.  This made it easier to finally work the border which is worked in double and half treble stitch.

BTW, I have used UK terminology here but I plan to provide a terminology converter at a later date!

Pudsey thinks the little blankie makes a great duvet!!!

Yesterday, I posted links to some poppy patterns and I hope to have a go at them when I've finished working on another project that is holding up my red yarn!

A few years ago I came across a fabby blog with a pattern for the Mario Invincibility Star.  It would certainly make a great Christmas gift, and it doesn't look too complicated!

I've probably mentioned this before, but another great blog for downloading freebie stuffs is Wolfdreamer-Off the Hook.  She has some great Pokemon dolls to make as well as other gaming goodies.

And finally, whilst we're on the subject of Christmas, I made this last night:



I subscribe to a weekly magazine called Art of Crochet and last weeks magazine had a pattern request for Christmas mistletoe.  I thought it was worth a try and so as I said, last night I made this!  It was a little fiddly as the leaves are worked by starting with two triple trebles and then working down to double treble, treble, half treble and double *PHEW*

I really like how it turned out and given how quick it was, I plan to make lots in time for Christmas!

As always, you can find these on my deviantART page too!

Till next time ... Keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xx


1 comment:

  1. the golden sun one is beautiful! (the others are nice too), but I wonder how you join them if you want to make an afghan. O_o

    ReplyDelete