Happy Halloween!
If you're off trick or treating tonight, have fun...but be safe :-)
If you had a party over the weekend, hope you had a good one!
We had our party on Saturday night at my mum's house. It was, as you would expect for us, mad! There was plenty of food (my mum always does a good buffet) and lot of games, including trick or treat pass the parcel which included some very evil 'tricks' in the form of necking various alcohol based drinks. I had some nasty ones including pints of cider, shots of vodka, black sambuka, raspberry sours and jagerbombs! This of course on top of three Cinzano's and three Sailor Jerry rums, although technically, it was actually two and a half as to my horror, I dropped half a glass all over my mum's new lounge carpet!!!! (thankfully the stain came out!)
My fiance and I got back home about 2.30am -- it was just as well the clocks went back!!!
Unfortunately, I was a little worse for wear yesterday! The older you get the longer a hangover takes to recover from, and you would think that at nearly forty, I would know better!
Anyway, you will recall that I had expressed concerns that I wasn't going to get all my Halloween stitching done. This last week has been difficult as I have injured my left wrist (probably due to too much stitching and crochet) and as a result, I've not been able to stitch as long as I would have liked. In the end I abandoned all the smaller projects in favour of the biscornus. I also scrapped using a hoop so that I could stitch faster. As a result, it only took me a week to finish Halloscornu!!!
And here it is:
In the end, I substituted the white for my glow-in-the dark thread -- it looks really cool too! Adding the beads around the edge wasn't as daunting as I first thought it would be. I was worried that the sides wouldn't hold with the beads, but it was fine! The pumpkin buttons (on both sides) are slightly bigger than I had anticipated but still look cool.
I have put the remaining work in progress pics showing the making up in the Gatchacaz's Work in Progress folder on my Facebook page.
Owlscornu, took longer to finish, partly because I started stitching it using a hoop, and it also has designs on both sides whereas the hallowscornu only has one. Here is it finished:
| Owlscornu - front |
| Owlscornu - back |
This one should have been easier to put together than the Hallowscornu due to the fact that there are no beads, but it actually gave me the most problems! I had a few times when my thread knotted and at one point, my backstitches unravelled which required some emergency repairs!!!
Adding the buttons was awkward because the spider on the back has only one hole, so to secure the thread I had to make it look like he had legs (which is not that easy).
Both biscornus have been well received with my friends and this afternoon I shall take them to the Stitch and Chat group and see what the ladies there think! I'm really pleased with them, and I hope you like them too!
So that concludes the Halloween stitching. With eight weeks until Christmas, it's time to crack on with the festive stitching!!!!
Wish me luck!
Till next time, Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment