Saturday, 26 November 2011

Exciting Stitchy Plans for 2012

Greetings fans!

Well, this week has sucked not being able to stitch.  I've been quite twiddly thumbs all week.  Thankfully, my poorly wrist has not prevented me from drawing and charting some new blackwork projects that I plan to start in the New Year.

Speaking of Next Year, I plan to start selling some of my stitched pieces -- as of yet I don't know which ones, but biscornu's are definitely on the list.

On Tuesday when I was in town with my mum, I got chatting to a lady who was handing out flyers for a craft fair at my local church hall today.  Naturally, craft fairs are a good place to test the waters and I told her I wanted to get into making my own stuffs to sell.  She was very encouraging and told me to pop down for a mooch -- tables (if I wanted one) were £5.00 and proceeds go to a charity of the church's choice.

So I went along this morning and spent a long time chatting with Pat (the lady I met in town), who makes her own cards and knitted goods, and then another lady who does some amazing crochet blankets and stuff and finally I met Linda, a lovely jolly lady who I could have chatted to all day :-)  She also told me that they have their own "stitch and chat" group on a Friday afternoon and that I was welcome to go along (she has also promised to show me how to knit!!!)

Unfortunately, I can't attend next Friday as I'm going to my sister's (we're off to see Duran Duran at the O2 in Birmingham!) and the next meeting isn't  until the New Year :-( but I've told her I will defo go along -- I'm hoping that I can get my mum to go too, as she loves to cross-stitch and I think it'll be good for her to get out of the house and meet new people.

The next craft fair is not until the end of February, but it will give me time to work on ideas, make things up and decided what I'm going to charge.  I've been told that even if I don't have enough stock to sell, I can still have a table to show off my work!!!

I'm very excited about it!!!!

I'll let you know how it goes over the coming months!

Well that's all for today, my wrist is aching typing and I want to try and do a little bit of stitching this afternoon.

Till next time, Keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope you do well at the craft fair! I've done some stuff like that now to sell jewelry, and it's really fun! The selling part is nice, of course, but you meet a lot of cool new artists, and even though they do go on for a while, it's not boring at all. Good luck! ^^

    ReplyDelete