Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Festive Biscornu and a Fabby Blog!

Greeting stitchy fans!

Well, I've started stitching again, and so far I haven't been having too many issues with my wrist.  I've come to the conclusion that using a hoop whilst stitching my Pokemon Blackwork triggered my wrist injury and so my fiancé is going to buy me a table clamp for Christmas!

I suppose I should be fortunate that the injury is to my left wrist and not my right, so I'm not too restricted to what I can do.  However, due to the way I hold my hook and yarn, crochet might have to be put on hold for a few weeks :-(

Anyway, you may remember the delightful biscornus that I made for Halloween!  Well, over the weekend, I started my Christmas biscornu.  This year, I won't be putting a Christmas tree up in my home, but I do have a small wooden one I usually display in the window and I have my fabulous Lego Winter Toy Shop too!

I'm not ashamed to say that a almost 40 years I still love those little plastic bricks, and usually every Christmas I treat myself to a couple of the larger sets.  Obviously, the last few years I haven't been able to do this so, I shall just have to dust off my little toy shop and display it again this year!

Anyway, getting back to the subject matter, to go with my festive decorations, I wanted something home made and seeing as I feel quite confident making these fabby little cushions now, I wanted to make a Christmas one!

Here's where I'm up to so far:

This will be the back panel - I decided to stitch this using DMC colour variation #4030
Picture reference date -- 27th November 2011

The back panel is finished -- the red back stitch line will be used to join together panels!
Picture reference date -- 28th November 2011

Completed borders for the front panel
The finished biscornu will be embellished with peppermint swirl buttons and small red bells.
Picture reference date -- 29th November 2011

The design is called "Santa Paws" by Barbara Ana, and can be downloaded here:

I probably won't get much more done this week as I have other things needing to take precedent, but I want to get it done as soon as I can.

Before I sign off for today, I want to mention a fabby blog I came across called "Crochet Fantastic".  I noticed that some of my followers are followers of that blog too, so you'll know who I'm referring to, but I found out about it this morning, purely by chance!

Over on deviantART, I watch a talented "male" crocheter called "Taikxo" who has just posted a list of lots of links to patterns for Pokemon themed Amigurumi dolls. It's quite an extensive list so kudos to him for having the patience to do it!

Whilst I was mooching through the list, I came across "Crochet Fantastic" -- a blog run by another male crocheter!  The name of the blog seems quite misleading as he has more cross-stitch patterns on there than crochet patterns!  That said, if you love Pokemon, then it's a bit of a treasure trove as there are lots of charts on there, including the fabby gym badges too!!!

I've added it to my watch list, and if you haven't already, I'd recommend you guys do too!

So that's me signing off for today, as I want to crack on with some stitching this afternoon!

Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment