Greetings guys, hope you're all having a spiffy weekend!
Well, it's almost the end of Zelda month, but there's still a few days left so look out for more goodies this week!!!
First, it's time for a round up of proceedings on Planet Cazzy! It's been a very long week. Tuesday, as you all know, was my dad's funeral. It was a difficult day which didn't get off to a good start thanks to an altercation with the girl who lives in the flat below!
So that wound me up before I'd even left home!
Anyway, the service itself was full of raw emotion and sadness, but it was very nicely done and the vicar was lovely. After the service it was back to my dad's local pub, "The Grove Inn" for his wake -- plenty of Irish music (my dad was a fan of the Dubliners) and shots of Bells whiskey (another of my dad's favs). After the toast and the food, most people left leaving us family and a few of my dad's closest friends to drink the bar dry!!!
We had all be in the pub the previous Saturday and had drunk all their stock of Sailor Jerry rum, so the landlord, Ben, had to go buy some more. It's just as well because on Tuesday, we drank another two-thirds of a bottle!!! I also had three shots of Bells (my sister had four!!!)
| Me and my sis, and my dad's flat cap! |
Let's just say we were all a little worst for wear when it came to going home. My brother thought it would be a good idea to go play on the swings in the local playground, and the slide looked quite tempting through beer googles! Of course, it's easy to forget you're not six anymore -- as I whooshed off the end of the slide, I trapped my foot and went over on my ankle *OUCH*
So I ended the day spraining my ankle. My brother-in-law (who's an RAF medic) put ice on it when we got back to my mum's, but was not best pleased I walked home on it! The next day my ankle was swollen like a tennis ball and it was terribly painful so I decided to get it checked out with a trip to the local minor injuries unit.
The nurse who assessed me confirmed it was just a bad sprain and gave me crutches. She says it will take 10-14 days to get better!!! Oh, and if you don't believe me, here's da proof (thanks to my fiance):
At least the week ended on a high. After the disappointment of not being able to see Duran Duran in concert last month due to Mr Le Bon having laryngitis (concerts are now re-scheduled for December), we did at least have Bon Jovi to look forward to on Friday!
My sister is a huge fan ... me, I like their stuff but I'm not obssessed! I've seen them before in 2003, which seems like a long time ago. My brother had a spare ticket so he asked me to come. They put on a good live show so I couldn't really say no!
They were playing at Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester. An outside gig is always going to be hit and miss thanks to the unpredictable weather we get in the UK. The forcast had given rain, so expecting anything less would have been a miracle -- just as well I took my raincoat then!
| Pre-gig beer with ma brother and brother-in-law |
| Raincoats are mandatory for outdoor gigs!!! |
I was a little aprehensive about how my ankle would hold up standing all night, but it was fine and in the end it was a great night. Bon Jovi always put on a bloody good stage show and the gig lasted for two and a half hours, which is pretty impressive considering it rained all the way through their set and it was unseasonally cold!!
Next month I'm going to see Iron Maiden at the Manchester News Arena, which I am so excited about because this will be the first time in the twenty-three years that I've been a fan that I will have seen them!!!
The weekend for me has rounded off with Sunday morning coffee with my mum and sister and then back to mumsies for roast dinner and a very competetive game of Wii bowling!
So now I've rambled long enough and it's time for a bacon butty and a cuppa and some more stitching!
Till next time ... Keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment