Saturday, 11 June 2011

Time For Something a Little Light Hearted


Hey guys!

Well it's been a rough few weeks for my family and it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.  My dad's funeral is scheduled to take place on the 21st June so I thought I would wait until after then before posting my memorial to him.

It's hard to be motivated at the moment as my mood is very low.  Job hunting is on hold and the local job centre have told me that I should go and see my doctor, which is what I shall do next week.

I've been trying to keep my thoughts occupied, but it hasn't been easy because I think about my dad a lot.  Charting/stitching makes me sad too because my dad was a huge fan of my work, and over the past year had been saying quite a lot that I should do more with it -- I think it would be only fitting of me to do so, but I will think about that at a later date!

But that's enough doom and gloom -- my dad would hate to think that we were moping about and being sad!

This week, Nintendo finally launched the eShop for the 3DS!!!! *YAY*  Freebie software included "Pokedex 3D" which is exactly what it says it is!  You start with 16 Pokemon (Audino, Axew, Dewott, Emboar, Emolga, Foongus, Hydreigon, Minccino, Oshawott, Pignite, Samurott, Scraggy, Serperior, Servine, Snivy and Tepig), but you can gain others by swopping with friends or by using the 3DS's 'Spotpass' fetaure which will download (via WIFI) upto THREE new critters a day!!!  (I have collected 28 Pokemon so far).  The Pokemon you receive are random, but if you remember to put the 3DS in sleep mode each day for an hour or so, you can probably get all 153 Unova critters in just over a month!!!

Pokedex 3D also had a neat feature that uses the 3DS's Augmented Reality to bring the little critters into 3D!  Each Pokemon has it's own AR marker and when you point the 3DS's outer camera's at it, the little critters pop up in brilliant 3D!!!  I have to confess that I had no clue how to use them so I had to go surfing the web to figure it out.  Serebii.net, stated that you had to print the markers out which raised the question -- how do you print them out?  (I haven't answered that one yet!!!)

Next, I had a trip to the forums at ONM and as luck would have it, there was a thread all about Pokedex 3D and how to use the AR markers:
http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82045

It still didn't answer the 'how do I print the AR markers out' question, but I was amazed at the ingenious methods that forum members were going to -- desiging the markers in paint and even drawing the markers on paper worked...

...and this got me thinking -- if I charted the markers in Pattern Maker, would that work too???

The answer was YES, and here's the proof:

Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott in glorious 3D!!!

Pretty cool, huh?

I've charted all the markers I've received so far and exported them to .jpg format.  I plan to share ALL 153 markers on here as I receive them through 'Spotpass', probably next month. 

For now, here are the markers for all three starters and their evolutions:

001 - SNIVY

002 - SERVINE

003 - SERPERIOR
004 - TEPIG

005 - PIGNITE

006 - EMBOAR
  
007 - OSHAWOTT
 
008 - DEWOTT

009 - SAMUROTT

(Sorry that it looks like this, I still dunno how to show images side by side!)

Well that's all for today!   Tomorrow, I have some more AR goodies for you!!

Till then ... Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment