Well I didn't expect to update again so soon, but given that Saturday night is CSI night, I managed to get a few hours at the frame whilst watching my favourite crime series!
And this project is proving so lovely to stitch too...
Just in case you are wondering what materials I am using, here's a list:
- 14-HPI vintage-green aida
- Anchor stranded cotton
- Caron Wildflowers
- DMC Colour Variations
And here's what I did last night:
| Picture reference date - 19th February 2011 |
The blackwork fills are worked in varying thickness of thread. For example the leaf at the top is worked along the bottom edge in 3 strands of #244 - the middle section that I am doing now is a blend of 1 strand each #242 and # 244. The top part will be 1 strand #242.
The eyes are done in half cross-stitch, using both 2 and 1 strand to add shading.
And yes, you will notice that I am working 2 areas at once!
This afternoon, I shall be working on my Mario Kart sprites, but I shall be at the frame tonight to do some more whilst I watch Dancing on Ice and catch up with Sons of Anarchy!
See, I watch far too much TV, and people often ask me how I managed to stitch and watch TV at the same time! Quite easily, I say ... they just seem to go hand in hand. Oh, that and a nice cup of Costa coffee and a large chocolate bar ... LOL ^^
The Wip looks awesome! And I totally agree... stitching + some nice movie or series + choco and coffee/tea goes for the most perfect combination!
ReplyDeleteThe floral on the leaf at top is really cool! As for watching TV and stitching at the same time, I can't watch TV without doing *something,* whether it's cross stitch or origami or something of the sort. I'm surprised you were asked that!
ReplyDeleteLove how it's coming along! This whole blackwork thing is really starting to grow on me.
ReplyDeleteAnd I must concur with you and the other commentors, I get most of my cross stitching done when I'm watching TV or watching my husband play video games.
Thankies.
ReplyDeleteBlackwork is a wonderful technique that deserves more credit than it gets which is why I started doing this in the first place -- and it's a lot of fun!!!
My future mother in law seemed quite surprised that I could watch TV and stitch at the same time, but it my mum does it too -- it's nice to have the background noise!
@~Shy -- I couldn't watch my finace playing Call of Duty whilst I'm stitching - the constant ratt-tatt-tatt is quite distracting!