Those of you who’ve been following me for sometime now will recall back in August I started my first ambitious blackwork project, the Winged Triforce from the Legend of Zelda games.
This was a success, and the finished article went down very well over on deviantART.
Anyway, the astute amongst you will have remembered that I referred to another project that I was working on at the time, although I did not want to say too much about the second project because it was going to be a surprise for someone close.
Things have changed due to a family disagreement and as I can’t make my mind up who the lucky recipient will now be, I can share the project with you. Also, I finished stitching it last week so it’ll be going up on DA shortly! ^____^
***
The subject matter for my second blackwork project was the Europa Point Lighthouse in Gibraltar. I wanted to stitch something as a reminder to two fabulous holidays I’d had there (and also as a thank you to my sister).
Believe it or not, the idea came to me in the middle of the night when I was going through the insomnia phase of my illness. Within half an hour I had visualised the image and even picked out the thread colours!
Frustrated that I may forget the design by the time I had slept, I had to get out bed and scribble the design down on paper before I forgot, this is what I drew:
Then obviously I had to find a reference image for the lighthouse. My fiancé had certainly taken a lot of photos, but finding the right one took sometime. Eventually, I chose this one, taken during our visit in May 2010:
I left out most of the background details of the photo as I wanted to focus just on the lighthouse. Before I could start to chart on the graph paper though I had to enlarge the image:
Then it was charted into Pattern Maker:
And with that done, the stitching can begin ...



No comments:
Post a Comment