Wednesday, 30 December 2009

And now for something completely different!!!

Okay, so we’ve reached the half way point with my holiday diary and I thought it was time for something a little different.

My fiancé and I are both fans of the Hairy Bikers.

For those of you who don’t know who they are: The Hairy Bikers are two lads from Northern England who love motorbikes and food. They have done 3 TV series for the BBC. The latest; "The Hairy Bikers Food Tour of Britain" was a culinary journey around England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland trying to find the best local food each featured county has to offer.

30 counties were covered (including my home county of Cheshire and neighbouring Staffordshire) and each episode featured a cook off against a top chef from each county.

Anyway, to promote the book to accompany the series, the guys did a book signing.

First date was on the 12th October 2009 at Waterstones Bookstore in the Arndale in Manchester! Only a 5 minute walk from where I work so I couldn't resist going along to meet them.

At the time, I was still recovering from a chest infection and it was hard work running into town to get there early...but it was worth - they're such great friendly guys!!!!

For those who want to know more about them, this is their website:

And here’s me, with the Hairy Bikers:

No comments:

Post a Comment