Monday, 18 January 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Okay, so New Year was just over two weeks ago now, but things have been a bit hectic at this end over the last few weeks. It’s been manic at work and we’ve had the worst snow the UK has seen for 30 years!!!!

For those of you who read my journal’s over on deviantART, you’ll note that I’ve set myself some goals for the year ahead. 2010 is all about being motivated, but if I’m honest, it hasn’t got off to a very good start!!!

So here are my “goals” for 2010:

To pass my exams (actually this is really important, which is why it’s at the top). I’m gonna have to be super motivated and really knuckle down and study hard if I’m going to finish my qualification (especially now they put the pass rate up). Expect to see white flags come exam time in June…LOL!!!

To sort out my finances – I got into bad debt a few years back and having spent the last 4 years trying to clear this off, this should all be resolved within the next few months. Then I will be able to start saving properly for my wedding and also get a pension started!!!

Exercise more – I really am couch potato these days. I sit at a desk all day, then I come home and slob in front of the TV or my laptop until bedtime. This year I’m vowing to do more exercise – going for walks at lunchtime, swimming, ice skating and cycling are all things I like to do but haven’t done that much of last year.

Be healthy – another important factor of life. If you is healthy, you is happy. This sort of coincides with doing more exercise, but I also need to cut out the crap that eat at work – no more going to Greggs for a sausage roll at lunchtime and I’ll be the first one to admit that I don’t eat my “five a day” (although it’s better than it was).

Have a good year at work – last year was good, but costs were down and my bonus reflected it. This year I’m determined to do well, and get a really good bonus that will inject some much needed cash into my wedding fund!!!

And finally, do more stitching and other arty stuffs – this obviously depends on how fast I can stitch and also those studying commitments!!!

A few of these have already been broken and the studying is off to a slow start, but there’s still a long way to go. Be sure to keep watching for progress reports and fingers crossed that by 2011 I have achieved my main goal of passing my exams!!!

Of course, it’s not going to be all work and no play this year! In fact, I have quite a social calendar for the first half of the year, which is not good when you have studying commitments, but these are my plans until May (at least):

FEBRUARY

February 16th is my fiancé Mike’s 40th birthday!!! His dad is also 80 this year so we are having a big family party to celebrate which should be good fun. I have also told Mike that I will take him out for a special birthday meal at our favourite curry house (just the two of us) as a special treat =)

On 26th February I am going to see Europe (of Final Countdown fame) at the Academy II in Manchester. Last time I saw them in concert was in 1992 so I’m really looking forward to seeing them again!!!

MARCH

March 6th is my mum’s birthday!
March 18th is my dad’s birthday!!
March 19th is my nephew’s birthday!!!

March is always an expensive month in my household but this year it is going to be more so because my mum and dad celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary on the 21st March!!! My sister and her family are coming over Gibraltar (YAY) and we are having a big family do, although plans are still being put into place at the moment!

APRIL

April is holiday month! Apart from Easter (more chocolate) I am going to Gibraltar again with Mike for a week’s holiday on 30th April…WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…I can’t wait!!!

MAY

It’s my brother’s 30th birthday on the 15th May. He tells me he’s having a do but it’s lads only so bah humbug to him…LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment