Hey there guys
So the UK is
about to go into full lock-down over Covid-19.
Never has there been a more worrying time than there is right now. Our lives are effectively on hold for the
foreseeable future, it is very scary!
As someone who suffers
from anxiety and depression, the daily barrage of news, advice etc on TV and
social media has become extremely overwhelming for me to handle, and it may
well be that I have to take a step back to protect my mental well being.
Self-isolation doesn’t
bother me because I suffer from social anxiety, and I don't work, but my partner does work, and I
know that being stuck together in our flat for 14 days would drive us both
bonkers! Fortunately, I have my crafting
so hopefully that will keep me sane.
We both have parents
over 70 so that is a worry too. As of
this weekend, the UK Government says that over 70’s must stay at home
regardless of any underlying medical issues – this could be for up to three
months, although no specific time limit has been set.
Panic buying has got
out of hand, in our local Morrisons this morning, they had no toilet paper, soap,
hand wash, paracetamol, pasta, tinned beans and bread … it is truly bonkers!!!
Local businesses have
already shut up shop, but some are offering delivery services to those in need,
which I think is a great idea.
I am sure we WILL all
get through this, but in these uncertain times, remember to be kind to people
and look after the people you love!
STAY SAFE!
Regards
Cazzy
(aka Gatchacaz) x

No comments:
Post a Comment