Monday, 27 January 2020

WELCOME TO 2020 (I know, this is a bit late ... soz)!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!             

Okay, so we’re almost 3 weeks into the new year now and I can only apologise that it has taken me this long to touch base with you all.

It wasn’t meant to be like that, but the start of the year has been quite hectic for me.
         
I was really hoping to have my Etsy store up and running by now.  It is quite frustrating that it isn’t, but life issues that were causing the delays have yet to be resolved, so it’s probably best if I don’t set a release date in stone for the foreseeable future.

Good news is that you guys will be the first to know when the store is up and running!

So even though the life issues remain on going, and I’m somewhat stuck in limbo, I’m trying to keep myself busy with lots of other stuff.  

Last year I became a Waste Reduction Volunteer with my local council.  I’m very passionate about the state of the environment and the effects of global warming.  I’m also involved with Surfers AgainstSewerage’s Plastic Free Communities scheme, trying to get my home town “plastic-free” status.

It’s hard work!

I’m also turning my crafting to being eco-friendly too, making items from second-hand fabrics and such (I’ll do a separate post on that later).

As well as that, I’m also taking part in RED January.

It’s run by the mental health charity “Mind”, and aims to help people beat the winter blues by being active every day throughout January.  We all know what a shitty month it can be, for those of us who live in the Northern hemisphere!  Cold, dark days … it’s enough to make anyone depressed.

Seriously, depression is not fun.  My long-time followers will know all about my battles with anxiety and depression.  Mind have helped me through the dark times and so doing RED January is my way of saying thank you to them.

My aim is to do 250,000 steps over the course of the month (125 miles), which averages out at approximately 8,000 steps per day (4 miles).  With five days left to go, I have now done 270,000 steps!  

I'm also raising money for Mind, and so far, from online and sponsorship form donations, I have raised £103.00!

I have a Just Giving page, if anyone would like to add this this.

You can see what I’ve been up to this month on my Instagram page too!

So that’s all I have for now!

Till next time … keep Kalm and cross-stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment