Tuesday, 10 July 2018

PATTERN SURVEY


How do guys!

Well, it's been a scorcher of a summer so far here in the UK!  This heatwave has been immense, and I'm now finding it all too much, and I really wish it would hurry up and rain!  My allergies certainly don't like it, and it's making me feel really sick as well :(

I've been really out of sorts as a result, and it's been having a knock on effect to my creativity!

I know I keep saying this, but I really had  hoped to get my Etsy  store up and running by now, but things have been getting in the way.   The summer holiday's are almost upon us, which means that those of you with kids will be gearing up for seven weeks with them at home (and moaning that they're bored)!    I don't have kids, so it makes no never mind to me, but what it does mean is that I only have two weeks left to finish my ECDL!!!

I passed my Presentations exam and I've finished the remaining course work so all I need to do now is pass my final exam and I'm done … piece of cake, right?

Keep fingers crossed!

After that, I can focus on getting my Etsy store going.

I have a design that I've been working on over the past few months that I would like to launch my shop with, but this has stalled again.  First I had a "major" issue with the chart being wrong, and now I'm not happy with one of the colours that I had chosen, or the corresponding fill pattern.  I'm going to play around with some other colours and see what works, but it may mean going back to the drawing board and I know that's going to hold it up.  It's quite annoying, especially as the design is three-quarters finished!

Hey ho!

Whilst that design is not ready to go, I do have lots of other patterns that I could start things rolling with.

Lately, I've had quite a few of you refer to designs I have done, but not provided charts for, saying that you would pay "good money" to have the chart so you could stitch it yourselves, and so on.

This got me thinking…

Are there any designs that I have done (but not provided the chart for), that you would pay to download, and, if so, which ones, and how much?

The design(s) that get the most requests will be turned into proper patterns, and put them for sale on my Etsy store!

Sorry if this request sounds a little cheeky, but I really do appreciate all the support and feedback I get from you guys … it means a lot to me.

I want to get the ball rolling by September as I'm mindful that by then I will need to start thinking about stuff for Christmas … ARGH!   Shit, where has this year gone? @________@

As always, till next time … keep Kalm and cross-stitch!

PS:  Don't forget, if you want to contribute to the running of the site, you can do so via my "PayPal.Me" account!


No comments:

Post a Comment