Greetings guys!
Well, it seems like forever since I last posted on here. I can only apologise for that, life has been quite hectic and a lot of the projects I have been working on lately have been "top secret" so I haven't been able to post the usual work in progress updates.
There's lots of stuff to catch up on...
Firstly, you may have noticed the style/layout of the blog has changed. I had started to find the black screen a little depressing to look at and wanted something a little more uplifting! I like my new background and layout, and I hope you guys do too.
The tabs at the top have been tweaked too - the Pattern archive, Downloads and Gallery tabs are now set up as external links and will take you to BOX.net and Facebook respectively. I have also added an About Me tab, where I shall set up my personal profile (when I've drafted it). This will also serve as the "about me" section for my Etsy store too. There will also be a Shop tab which will take you straight to my Etsy store once it's up and running!
Further updates will be posted either on here or on the Facebook page.
As well as trying to get projects for my Etsy store up and running, I'm still trying to work through that infamous list of unfinished projects!
There are so many un-finished projects, and even though I have listed them in chronological order, I've not been necessarily working on them in that order!
The oldest stitchy project is Gettysberg:
The last time I worked on this was back in February. I'd made quite a dent, but then I had to put it down to work on more pressing projects (more on that in a mo).
Other projects in the stitching bag I'd like to finish are these:
These are my next oldest having being started in 2005 and 2006 respectively - one day, I may finish them!!!
In the crochet bag, I have two projects that I should have finished by now, but haven't:
The pig cushion is more or less done, I just have the sewing up bit (groan) to do:
The cat door stop has been a little fiddly to get finished. Aside from deciding what to use to weight it (I've gone for kitty litter), I still have to finish the feet. Again, it should be done by now, but I just loathe the making up stage!
To add insult to injury, I recently added another project to my WIP list:
I think I must have a glutton for punishment or something.
Anyway, as I said earlier, I had to put some of these projects on hold for something else.
My brother got married last month, and because I don't have funds to buy expensive wedding gifts instead, I decided to make these gorgeous wedding dolls instead:
I got the pattern from here: LINK
They only took me just over a month to make, but I have to say, they were probably the most challenging toys I've ever made! They did look so amazing when they were finished though! I love them, and was a little reluctant to part with them. Safe to say, my brother and his new bride loved them and plan to get a box to display them in!!!
So I think that's all for now.
Hopefully I won't leave the next update so long!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch!


No comments:
Post a Comment