Howdo guys!
Well, I hope you've all been enjoying the festive season. As always mine was stressful and hectic, but now that the big day is over for another year, I can chill out and do some crafting.
I've been doing a lot of crafting in the run up to Christmas, both cross-stitch and crochet.
Here are some of my favourites:
The original pattern came from "World of Cross Stitching" magazine (UK). I have made quite a few tweaks to the original (the picks on the front of the skate, the lettering and border). The aida has sparkly bits in it too for extra festive sparkle!
Last year, I made one tree (HERE), but this year I made a whole forest to send out as gifts to special friends and family.
Original pattern can be found HERE.
Gnomes are not really just for Christmas ;) Norman the Gnome won't be going into hibernation on Twelfth Night -- he's still waiting for the rest of his family to be hooked up :D He came across this lone sprout and realised that the little sprout needs a home too (Aw, cute).
Gnome pattern - HERE
Sprout pattern - HERE
Finally, meet Mr Twigs!
He's made using the "African Flower Motifs" (see HERE). He was a lot of fun to make, although it took me a while to get the colours right! His arms are made with brown pipe-cleaners and his scarf is fastened with a little flower button :)
I've become a bit of a fan of making toys using this motif, and there are more in the pipe-line, but I have hooked enough over the last few months so I'm going back to the cross-stitch :) x
The pattern can be found HERE.
So that's all for now.
As it's the last day of 2016 tomorrow, I think I'll post the remainder of my outstanding patterns so that I can start afresh in the New Year.
Till then ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch.

Excellent gifts! Thanks for the links as well and Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete