Guess where I'm going tomorrow!!!
Long term followers of my blog will know that two years ago I made my first pilgrimage to Download Festival, which is held annual at Donington Park, the spiritual home of rock 'n roll here in the UK!!!
We had a blast, and those of you who follow me on Facebook will have seen the photos!
Well, I'm going again this year, and this time we're doing the whole five days!!!
I think I must be mad ... LOL!!!
The line up this year is almost as good as last time, with the mighty Slipknot headlining again on the Friday night. I'm looking forward to enjoying these behemoths of the rock world as last time it was all a little too weird! Since then I've taken a shine to Iowa's finest, and their new album is awesome!
I'm going again with my brother, brother in law and my brother's bessie mate. We'd discussed going again this year last summer, prior to the announcement of the headliners. Once they became announced, I don't think there was any doubt we'd be going!
When we first booked it late last year, June seemed ages away, but now it's finally here!!!!
I did the doodle for the sketch above ages ago, but it's only in the last week that I got round drawing it properly. I had wanted to do an ink version too, but that didn't go too well, so I left that. The nickname was coined by a rather nutty Scottish lady my brother and I were chatting to whilst queuing for beer (as you do) last time round. I was wearing my novelty giraffe hat and a rather fetching Royal Air Force's poncho at the time though!
If you need proof - click HERE (at your own peril)
Well, I think that I'd better get back to my packing ... still lots to do before tomorrow!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) x

Wow!!! Have an amazing time!
ReplyDelete