Hope you are all having a good weekend, so far :)
Apologies again for the gaps between posts, it's been a little hectic of late and the woes of job hunting coupled with an almighty family disagreement over the last week have soured my mood somewhat.
This week here in the UK, the weather has been warm and sunny, which has meant that I have been out and about, making the most of it before the weather turns. I took a walk up to the cemetery on Tuesday to have a chat with my Dad (and have a good cry too), and whilst I was there a very kind lady let me have some of the roses and foliage she had brought to put on her husband's grave to me to put on my Dad's grave. It brightened up what had otherwise been a shitty couple of days and made me realised that there are some really nice people in this world.
Now that Autumn is upon us, the trees are all changing. I think that's the thing I love about the season. All the reds, golds and oranges make the trees look so pretty. I only live about five minutes from our local town park, so when the weather is as nice as it has been this week, I like to go and have a walk down by the river and watch the ducks. All the horse chestnut trees are shedding their fruit at this time of year, so it's a great excuse to go looking for conkers too :)
Great for keeping spiders at bay!
Anyway, back to the stitching. Good news is that I finished my Download sampler (pics to follow shortly), and that 2011 project I referred to in my last post is moving along nicely and if I continue stitching it at the current rate, I will have it finished in a month or so (fingers crossed).
Also, I finally finished the two Pokemon Blackwork projects I had been working on, and here they are:
![]() |
| Victreebell |
![]() |
| Deoxys |
I realise that the title of this blog may sound a little misleading but these two designs may be the last two I do for a while as I have nothing new charted, and I also have no plans to upload the patterns at the current time (they need a lot of amendments before they are ready).
I have other projects I am working on at the moment and hopefully, you will see patterns for those soon.
I'm also looking to return to my "Un-Finished Projects" and "Gettysberg" as I think it was time they were finished so I can make room in my project bag for new ones.
Well, I think I've rambled on long enough.
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross stitch :) xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment