Monday, 29 July 2013

Download Stitchy Project -- Work In Progress!!!

Greeting guys, hope you all had a great weekend.

Apologies again for my tardiness in posting.  As always, life is getting in the way.  You would think that not working would mean I have all the time in the world to spend on here, but you would be wrong.  The last week or so has been pretty hectic, and I still have this wretched cough :(

Anyway, following on from my previous post and the Download patterns I posted, I have started stitching my own Download project:


I combined the Download logo and Download Dawg and added the date and venue at the bottom.  I had wanted to add the names of the three headline bands too, but I was worried about space so I left them off.

I had initially planned to start and finish this prior to Download, but a delay with an internet order I had placed meant that I didn't get chance to start it in time.  In the end, I decided to wait until after I had got back before starting it.

The upside to that is that I can stitch it at a leisurely pace now.

I haven't done much stitching lately, as the heat has been making it difficult to do so (sweaty fingers make gripping needles awkward).  Crochet hasn't been affected the same way so I have been focusing more on that, but here is a snippet of what I have managed to do so far:





It stitches up quite fast and you can see it starting to take shape now.  According to my charting software, this should use no more that 2 skeins of black thread.  I suspect it will actually use more than this.  I'll keep you posted!

So that's all I have for today.  Hopefully, I'll have some new patterns for you tomorrow.

Till then ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment