Happy Easter Guys!!!
Apologies that this post is slightly later than planned. As you all know by now, work have increased my hours which means I have less time to design, chart, stitch, crochet and update my blog!
Still, here in the UK we have a 4-day weekend so I'm planning on doing as much as the aforementioned as possible over the next few days :D
On the stitchy front, here is the latest:
Kudos must go to Missy-Tannenbaum of Dork Stitch fame who correctly guessed that both the Pokemon I'm working on are "Victreebell" (as shown above) and "Dexoys", the later she referred to as having "noodly" arms (which I thought was quite amusing)!
I want to try and get these patterns finished as soon as I can (so that I can share them with you guys), and also so that I can start working on new patterns!
Turning back to my Easter crochet, I finished my chicken today:
I'm not sure that I'm overly happy with the way it turned out (the shaping isn't as defined as it is in the reference image - I reckon it would work better if the pattern was worked back to front). I may do this one again, but at least it gave me a chance to practice making french knot eyes!
I've put some more pictures from my work in progress on my Facebook page and you can view them HERE.
Well that's probably me done posting now until after the Easter weekend, To all my followers who celebrate Easter, I hope you have a wonderful time -- but don't overdo it on the chocolate!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) xxx
Happy easter! The crochet chick looks adorable!
ReplyDeleteHappy four day weekend! Are you still in the midst of it? Anyway, thanks for the mention! I really am excited about the Victreebell pattern, and your stitching of it looks so cool so far! The inside of the mouth has a cool black-hole look. (Thank you for the mention, too!) Also, even if the shaping is less defined, that chicken is adorable! Here in the US, there was a Beanie Baby knockoff line where every plushie was spherical, and it reminds me a little of that- they were so cute! The crochet look makes it cooler, though. Stitches are a better texture than the weird stuffed animal fluff stuff.
ReplyDeleteAlmost at the end of my weekend - back to work tomorrow :(
DeleteI may have to go back to the drawing board with Victreebell as I'm not happy with the colours chosen for the fills.
Shaping isn't something I've mastered with my crochet yet, but I'm pleased you like him, I enjoyed making him. Hopefully I shall get the rest of the chicks finished soon :)
Squee! Ancient blackwork meets modern fandom! I love it!
ReplyDelete