Greetings guys, hope your weekend is getting off to a good start!!
You may recall that in August last year I gave a sneak peek at a Pokemon design I was working on featuring "Omanyte" (for those of you who missed it, here is the link). It's true to say that this proved quite an awkward design to do as I really struggled to find a fill I liked.
Anyway, he's finally finished:
And now that I have Pokedex 3D Pro for my 3DS, I can add his AR marker too!
Working on Omanyte has trigged the urge to do more fossil types although I am ashamed to say that with the exception of the Gen I and Gen V types I couldn't remember which other games had fossils in them (thank god for Google!!!) There are no fossils in Gen II. Gen III has Anorith and Lileep, and Gen IV has Cranidos and Shieldon.
At the moment I am not sure if I will do all of these Pokemon, it all depends on my mood as choices chop and change all the time. I have however, stitched "Kabuto", and unlike Omanyte which has taken months to get right, I charted and stitched him in less than a week!!!
And here he (or she) is:
Both these two designs use some of the new DMC colour variations shades. I especially like shade #4000 (Espresso) which gives interesting tones of brown and grey and is perfect for these types of Pokemon. I sense it is a colour I shall be using a lot!!!
As I don't have any decent craft shops in my area, all my supplies are purchased through the internet. As always, my favourite on-line craft store is Sew and So. They are UK based, but they do ship internationally and their prices are very reasonable. If you haven't already done so, check them out!!!
So going back to the Pokemon, I am currently in the process of charting the third fossil-type from Gen I - Aerodactyl:
His grid is done, now all I need to do is mark the areas of shading and decide what colours/fills I am going to use. Reference images show him as pink/purple, but I don't know whether I shall be using those colours!!!
As well as the fossil-types, I'm mindful also that some of you have been asking for Eevee and her evolutions. Eevee is currently at the same stage as Aerodactyl and time permitting over the next week I shall try and draw up the grids for the remaining evolutions.
Thankfully, next Friday is pay day so I should be able to have a mammoth re-stock of threads, fabric and even ink for my printer!!!
Well, I've rambled on enough I think.
Patterns for both Omanyte and Kabuto have been uploaded to BOX.net, as well as the patterns for their AR markers!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx



Ah, these are so cool! I need to print Omanyte so I can stitch it as soon as possible!
ReplyDelete