Sunday, 6 January 2013

Stitchy Plans For 2013 ... and Other Snippets

Greetings Guys, hope you're all having a great weekend.

Well Christmas and New Year are behind us and now it's time to think about my goals for the year ahead.

I've had quite a few people ask me recently what I plan to stitch this year.  It's an interesting question, and if I'm honest, it's difficult to say how (or what), I'm going to stitch this year -- I tend to change my mind as each month go by as I get inspired by a new ideas.

Two years ago, I started keeping  a log book that I note all the projects I'm working on.  It helps me keep track of what projects are outstanding and how long projects take to finish.  At the end of each year I obviously have projects that I haven't managed to finish so this month, I've decided to try and finish these outstanding projects.  

I currently have 6 outstanding projects - 1 from 2011 (shameful, I know), and 5 from 2012.

I decided that I need to finish stitching these before I start work on brand new projects.

One of my followers, Dawn of AnimeStitching, has suggested that I need to get my American North and South project finished. This is certainly true -- after almost 9 years (yes, 9 years) on the frame, it doesn't seem to be anywhere near complete.  My long running followers will know I was providing updates on this last year but it seemed to lose a bit of momentum and I stopped providing updates.  

Of course, now that I'm working, I don't have the time to stitch as much as I would like, but hopefully (cross your fingers Dawn!), I shall pick this up again (maybe next month) so keep watching for updates.

In terms of other projects, well the Pokemon Blackwork is a given (after all, there are enough of them to keep me going for quite some time).  Three patterns are included in the 6 projects from last year (which I hope to finish by the end of the month), and I have several others at the design stage.

The Angry Birds are also going to get the cross-stitch treatment this year.  I should be able to post the pattern for the "Red" bird within the next few days as all I had to do was remove the Santa hat and add a tuft!

The Pokedex 3D will continue ... I expect that this will take quite some time to do (the speed will depend on my mood), and of course, I'll have to re-jig BOX.net to accommodate them.

The other project that I need to complete is obviously the the Stargate Glyphs.  I have recently charted some new patterns which will also be uploaded shortly.

So that, I think, is that.

I'm pretty sure that there will be other ideas/projects that come about as the year progresses, so keep watching and I'll try and post an update at the end of each month.

In non-stitchy news, I'm looking forward to being an Aunty again as my brother and his girlfriend are expecting a baby boy!  Little bean is due at the end of February, but my brother's girlfriend is in hospital with a water infection at the moment so he may arrive sooner!!!

My fiance's Aunty is also looking forward to a second great-grandchild which is due in April.  They have decided they don't want to know the sex of the child until it is born.  I recently finished the baby sampler and got it framed (in time for Christmas), but it looks like I'll soon have to do it all again, with not one but two!!!

I shall be doing my first festival this year!!!  I have been a bit of a rock chick since the late 1980's and I have always wanted to do the Monsters of Rock -- which is now known as Download.  The event is 3 days and takes place at Donnington, UK between 14th and 16th June 2013.  Iron Maiden are headlining on the Saturday night (WOOP, WOOP)!!!  Other acts include, Rammstein, Slipknot, Motorhead, Alice in Chains and Queens of the Stone Age.  I am going with my brother, brother-in-law and my brother's best mate (I am the only girl) -- should be good fun, keep fingers crossed the weather holds that weekend!!!

Finally, thank you to all for taking the time to follow my blog.  For those who've been following me from the start, a HUGE THANK YOU, I hope you'll keep following in 2013 -- I promise you an exciting ride!!!

Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you see Rammstein at Download-they put on an amazing live show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love QOTSA! Have a great festival - just remember the dry shampoo and wet wipes! lol

    ReplyDelete