It wasn't until a few years ago before I decided to give it a go.
Those who are friends with me on Facebook, will know I support Leeds United. I've been an avid supporter since the late 1980's so it seemed only right that I start with my favourite team!
Most teams change their badge several times though the club history and Leeds United are no exception. I have chosen four designs from the 'smiley' design used in the 1970's to the 'shield' used on their current kit.
So far I have charted two designs, the 'Smiley' crest [circa 1976] and 'Peacock' crest [circa 1984]:
![]() |
| LUFC 'Smiley' crest [circa 1976] |
![]() |
| LUFC 'Peacock' crest [circa 1984] |
I also plan to chart the 'Yorkshire Rose' crest [circa 1991] and the 'Shield' crest that they current use. The latter is two-thirds complete, but the small Yorkshire rose that sits at the top of the crest is proving fiddly to chart.
In the meantime, I've uploaded these two patterns to the 'Sports' sub folder if anyone is interested.
I'm not restricting myself to just Leeds United for this project, or even football (soccer). Therefore, if you have a team badge you'd like to see, let me know. Given how busy I am, I can't promise I'll be able to do it, but I certainly consider it.
So that's me done for today, I hope you like the new patterns. As always, if you stitch them, please let me see them so I can feature them!!!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! :) xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment