Greetings Guys!!!
I hope you guys are all well, and I must apologise for being really quiet on here of late. I've had a lot on lately which I can't really discuss on here, and those of you who read my Facebook page will no doubt have seen that I've been having problems with my laptop.
Last week, my laptop picked up a virus. I dunno where from, although my other half suspects that I must have downloaded something dodgy. Whatever had caused it, it made my laptop very sluggish and getting on the internet nigh on impossible. It also had a strange effect on iTunes and crashed my iPod which meant that I had reset and re-install the firmware. Thankfully all my apps had been updated before hand, but now I have the arduous task of putting 50GB+ content back on it.
Suffice to say, that it's been driving me nuts and the laptop very nearly had a flying lesson -- out of a first floor window ... LOL!!!
Fortunately, we have a spare computer in our flat that we use as a media PC, so my other half (who's pretty cool with computers), cleared it off so that I can use it. He's managed to split the hard drive so that I have a section just for my designing too :)
The only downside is that the new computer uses Windows 7 whereas I am used to XP so it's taking some getting used to. My partner has managed to re-set the factory settings on my laptop and is in the process of re-installing all my software, so that I will be able to design patterns, use Word and surf the internet, but he doesn't want me to use it for multimedia anymore.
Given that my laptop is over 6 years old and has a really small hard drive, that's not a bad compromise!
So again, apologies for being quiet over the last week or so. Good news is that I have started started stitching Tifa for my In Stitches. Last night I also made a start on Togepi, who is the next character in the Pokemon blackwork series -- hopefully, I'll have some piccies for you later!
Finally, Blogger has just released a "translate" gadget that will translate your blog into any language of choice. I added it to my profile yesterday and I had a play. Languages were never my strong point at school, but it looks like a really cool gadget. I would like to urge any of my followers whose first language is not English, to have a play and let me know how accurate it is!
So that's all for now, till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI've given the translate gadget a try it's very funny my first language is dutch and the translation is horrible. you can compare it with how a 2 or 3 year old talks (twisting words, leave out and add extra words.)I'll keep reading your blog in english it's mutch more understandable that way.
greetings
I hope you fix your laptop ! Viruses are blah :/ And I agree about XP and 7. I'm on 7 now and I really miss the XP, but my laptop came with a free 7, and I didn't feel like changing it. In fact, I miss the 2000 Professional too, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with Miss Toveringers too, Google tranlate usually leaves you wondering wether you should laugh or cry, or simply hit your head in the wall. Especially when it comes to verbs. And genders. And tenses. Oh, the fun. But I guess if someone really has no idea of the language, it might be of help.
My laptop attempted to get a virus last week. I have a son that can fix anything computer related! I love him!! My son says english to german translators are just terrible--but it sort of helps him when he wants to translate something into german. I'm unsure about the french/english translators. Must run off.....supper is here!!
ReplyDelete