Time for another entry into the blackwork series:
I have to confess to slightly copping out on this one by only working his tail in blackwork -- sometimes it doesn't pay to overwhelm the design, especially with the small stuff!
It's taken me longer to work this one as there have been a few false-starts and lots of colour changes along the way. His body is worked in half-cross stitch, althouh looking at the finish piece it looks like diagonal backstitch!
The tail is worked using DMC light effects #E898 to add a bit of sparkle.
I have uploaded the pattern to my website, but (at the time of writing this), the website is down so all I would suggest is that you keep trying and hoepfully it will resolve itself shortly. If not, then I will have to look into it further. Of course, you can always email me and I can forward the pattern direct!
And while were on the subject of Pokemon blackwork, the good news is that Mewtwo is finally charted *HUZZAH* The only snag is that in the end I charted two patterns -- one that is fairly simple worked mainly in half-cross stitch with blackwork on the tail only, and the second which is mainly blackwork and which I plan to stitch on evenweave. I'm also not 100% certain if I am happy with the colours I've picked for this so I will perhaps do a few experimental swatches as I go along.
I'll keep you up to date with the progress as I go along.
Next week I am going to stay at my sisters house so this will be a great time for me to work on some outstanding patterns and also work on stitching up some of the next entries in my Pokemon blackwork series. I plan to take my camera as well as my laptop, so hopefully I can update mid-week.
So that's all for now, as I have lots to sort out for my holiday!
Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx

Can't wait to see the Mew! Have fun on your holiday! :)
ReplyDelete