So, how does one turn one's Wii Mii into a cross stitch pattern?
How does one even start?
Well, it isn't easy because you can't take a screen grab from your TV like you can your Computer -- however, if someone does know an easier way, please let me know!
Anyway, first you need to take a photograph of your Mii:
NOTE: The quality doesn't have to be brilliant!
Next, you will need to transfer this image into any computer graphics/picture editing software you have (I used Paint Shop Pro v7) to crop/tidy up:
Once you're happy with your cropped image, you can print it out! At this stage, I wouldn't recommend importing the image into Pattern Maker/other brand of charting software. Make sure you are satisfied that the printed image is a good size for charting -- try not to make it too big!
Now you will need to get crafty! For the next stage you will need, a pencil, marker pen, rubber and good quality tracing paper! Carefully draw the outline of your Mii onto the tracing paper using a sharp pencil. When you are happy with this, outline the image with a black marker pen:
Now comes the tricky bit, you need to chart this image onto graph paper -- if you have a light box, this will be easy, but if you don't, try to work in good daylight [or under a daylight lamp] so you can see through the graph paper:
Once you have this, now you can chart the image into your charting software [I used Pattern Maker]. I find it's easier to convert these into the software by drawing a grid:
Once you've done the grid, add the colours you've selected to your palette and start filling it in. Always use a colour for your grid that isn't featured in the pattern (and can be still distiguished from the design) because when you've finished filling etc... you will delete the grid line!
... and Voila!!!
Congratulations ... you've sucessfully charted your own Mii!!!
Now you can start stitching it!!!
If you fancy having a go at designing your own, just follow the above steps and you'll be stitching your own Mii's in no time at all. If you'd love to have your own Mii but don't want the bother of charting it yourselves, I'd be happy to do it for you, but give the personal nature of the request, I would ask for a small fee to cover my time for charting!
I look foward to hearing your feedback!
Well that's all for now -- Till next time ... Keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xx





What type of graph paper do you use? I've been trying to find one suitable for designing patterns but all the ones I have found had very big squares.
ReplyDelete