WOW, what a crazy couple of days it's been!!!
Us Brits have been enjoying an extended weekend thanks to the Royal Wedding and today's Bank Holiday. Tomorrow everything will get back to normal, which will be nice in a way because I've been losing track of the days lately!
Thursday evening I went down to my sister's house at RAF Shawbury in Shropshire with my brother and fiance. We stayed overnight and on Friday we watched the Royal Wedding before having a BBQ to celebrate.
Most importantly, it didn't rain ... AT ALL!!! Which goes against the grain when it comes to British Bank Holiday weekends! Easter had great weather, and this weekend has been fabby too! Mother Nature clearly dildn't get the memo about April showers ... LOL!!!
Oh well, I'm sure we'll make up for it later in the summer, but for now I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!
Anyway, despite all the socialising, I have been finding time to stitch, and the Sampler is coming on quite well ...
| Picture Reference date - 1st May 2011 |
... but, I have officially run out of thread *cries*
Good news though, my benefits got paid early due to the long Bank Holiday weekend, and I've had a bit of an increase so I've been able to place an order with Sew and So today to stock up on thread! YAY *does happy dance*
Tomorrow, my local thread shop will be open again and I will be able to purchase some more thread for another project that is threatening to stall.
Oh, and tomorrow is also Fluff-o-Rama update day, so until then...
Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xx
The sampler is looking so cool! Was it fun to find a different fill-in for each letter?
ReplyDeleteIt was actually. I had pretty much mapped out in my head what fills I wanted to use, although one or two letters proved problematic.
ReplyDeleteThe fiddly bit was charting - blackwork is so time consuming to chart!