Well, it's almost weekend so it's time for the lastest stitchy news!
Seeing as I finished the piece I featured last week, I thought I'd update on a piece I featured two months ago -- the Visitor Logo from 80's SCI-FI series 'V' Now that I have the border done, I can dispense with the chart I'd been following. Quite a time consuming process filling in all that red, but it's one of those projects that you can do when you're feeling too lazy to follow a chart!
| Blackwork fills can be very time consuming to stitch! |
It's starting to look like what it should now, and I'm going to try and get it finished as soon as I can.
The next WIP for me to feature is more of a series than individual designs -- blackwork Pokemon.
I'm having so much fun with blackwork and your comments regarding my recent blackwork Chikorita certainly tell me that you like it. I am doing Totodile and Cyndaquil, but these are on hold at the moment as I can't afford to buy the materials I need to stitch them.
As I've mentioned to people on deviantART, I'm not giving the patterns away for these but I do have some smaller Pokemon patterns that I will be putting up on the website -- eventually!! That's if I'm happy with the patterns I've chosen.
As I also mentioned on deviantART, I'm not featuring starters to give other Pokemon a chance to shine and along with the ones I've chosen myself, I've really had some odd requests, as well as one to do a sampler featuring Eevee and all her evolutions!!!
This is a project that could occupy my time for a while, but here's the full list:
- Articuno
- Mewtwo
- Vileplume [requested]
- Lugia
- Sentret [requested]
- Umbreon [requested]
- Entei
- Flygon
- Rayquazaa
- Amoonguss
- Braivery
Here's a little treat of what I'm working on at the moment:
| Articuno - worked on 28-HPI evenweave with DMC colour variations shade #4240 |
| Mewtwo -- is far too tough for floral patterns!!! |
| My RSN Blackwork book -- a great source of inspiration!!! |
Right, so I've rambled on far too long and it's time to go have a shower and freshen up!
Friday afternoon is stitch and bitch at mumsie's but seeing as my brother bought her a Wii for Mother's day, I don't reckon we'll get much stitching done today! ^___^
Till next time ... Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xx
I also have that blackwork book, it is great!
ReplyDelete