Friday, 4 March 2011

YAY!!! It's Pokemon Friday ... and here comes some more patterns!!!!!!!


Look what came this morning:


I'm so excited to play this I can't wait to get stuck in!!!

In celebration of Black/White's release, today's pattern has a Pokemon theme. I know that I've said before that it was not my intention to make Pokemon patterns, and this is probably the only time you'll see me doing Pokemon patterns, but I am using these critters in a little sampler I'm making so I thought I may as well chart the whole lot -- also, I've not actually seem anyone make charts of the Unown's yet which is another reason why I did this.

The critters I'm featuring are the "Unowns" and anyone who's played pretty much any Pokemon game will know what these are.  First seen lurking in the Ruins of Alph in Gold/Silver, they've pretty much made an appearance in every game ever since.

There are 28 known Unowns making up each letter of the alphabet and the symbols '?' and '!' -- dunno whether there are any numerical Unown's (I've not seen any if there are)!

What are those mysterions Unowns?

I've designed the patterns to be fairly simple -- rather than design a full colour Unown, I've just done them in outline fashion, leaving it up to the individual stitching them to decide what colours to use, and as I am currently desiging them as a sampler, they would certainly be perfect for that kind of project!

So without further a do, here they are!!!

Unowns A - H

Unowns I - P
Unowns Q - X
Unowns Y - !

BTW, if you are a Pokemanic, who wants to 'stitch them all', might I suggest that you take a trip to see Makibird-Stitching over on deviantART who has a gallery full of patterns for the little beasties! She does requests too, so if you don't see one you like, just note her!

Right, I'm off to start catching new critters, enjoy your weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant patterns!
    I went into town this morning to get my copy of Black, and I'm loving it so far!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete