Well, another month has gone by!
February was a s*** month anyway, so I’m glad it’s gone away – and now it’s March, which means lighter nights, better weather and all those fabulous spring flowers cropping up in gardens and verges.
I love this time of year!
So now it’s time for my monthly update of what’s going on in my stitching box. I’ve decided that rather than triple spamming you today, I’m just going to stick everything in one post, so I hope you can stay with me to the end.
Before we get to that, I just want to say “hello” to my new followers – I seem to have a few more jump on board over the last week, so welcome and thank you for watching – I hope you enjoy the ride!
Now to the updates…
Update: Fluff-o-Rama
My mum says that I am very wasteful with my thread, and I would probably have to agree that I am not quite as thrifty as I should be. Because of this, my pot probably looks fuller than it should and given that there is still a fair way to go with this, I’ve decided to chop up my waste thread into very small bits!!!
Update: Work in Progress
WipEout – in the original game, as well as teams and logos, it had details of the pilots who flew for each team. There were 2 pilots per team, making 8 pilots in all. I have charted all 8 pilot logos and am currently working through the first one – John Dekka from Team AG Systems. This is quite a large design, with large areas of colour – this may take me a while to do as I haven’t done much since I started this back in January.
The Visitor logo is quite quick to stitch – a competent stitcher could get this done in under a week!
Update: UFP’s:
Out of the three projects I featured last month only two got finished so I’m not going to show the project still being worked on again. I really should get all these WIP’s finished before I start new stuff, but as I’m sure all of you know, the desire to start new stuff can overwhelm the need to finish outstanding projects!
I have a lot of on-going projects. Some are top secret at the moment (but never fear you will get to see the finished articles on DA later this month), but I have four others that I can showcase:
Alex Kidd – I designed 6 patterns altogether and this is the second one I am stitching. Alex faces off against the game’s 3 sub-bosses in a game of paper, scissors, stone!
WipEout – in the original game, as well as teams and logos, it had details of the pilots who flew for each team. There were 2 pilots per team, making 8 pilots in all. I have charted all 8 pilot logos and am currently working through the first one – John Dekka from Team AG Systems. This is quite a large design, with large areas of colour – this may take me a while to do as I haven’t done much since I started this back in January.
SCI-FI Logos – some of you will no doubt have seen that I have added some sci-fi logo patterns to my website. More will follow (when I can be bothered to chart them), but here are the two I have already charted, getting the blackwork treatment!
The Visitor logo is quite quick to stitch – a competent stitcher could get this done in under a week!
Update: UFP’s:
Erm … next!
So that’s it folks for this month. Tomorrow and Friday I’m planning to post some patterns that should make for fun weekend projects!



Nice Wips! Love the blackwork designs :)))
ReplyDeleteWOW! Your doing 4 WIPS projects at once!! You crazy!! :P
ReplyDelete